I spent several hours glued to my computer today. Despite my Marty Watch, I was more intent on seeing what the Oilers would do. It would take until the final moment, long past the final minute, for something to come through.
Lets start with the negatives:
1. We become a bit smaller, a bit less gritty.
2. Erik Cole seems like a classy dude.
And the positives?
1. This is likely a wash: 20 games of Cole becomes 20 games of Kotalik
2. A 2nd or 5th round pick (depending on where I read) becomes Patrick O'Sullivan.
3. Both of these guys are hotter than Cole. Sorry Cole.
If you aren't familiar with the story of Patrick O'Sullivan, read it. You can't help but want him to succeed.
He's also the key to this whole thing and I commend Tambellini for working this deal out. The more I read about the numbers.. he's a shooter, he's still young, he might be small but he puts up a hit a game...
I really want it to work out.
I really just wanted to write about O'Sullivan. But Kotalik is here too, so, enjoy!
Koo Koo Bananas
5 days ago