Guess what today is?


My boy is back in town! (Not Smyth, though his appearance in that picture is great.)

Sure, I'm not, but still..

Am I the only one who misses his clips? Just look at some of the stuff in this recent Jim Matheson story:

When Atlanta centre Marty Reasoner signed with the Thrashers last summer, he held onto his house here, but not because he was hoping his old club might get him back at the trade deadline.

"I'm looking to sell ... tell anybody who wants to buy, I'll give them two tickets to the game (today)," joked the former Edmonton Oilers forward. "I'd like to close on it before the game starts." Reasoner, who is having a very good season in Atlanta -- 23 points, plus- nine on a team solidly minus -- will be wearing a Thrashers sweater tonight and may also have brought a cardigan on the road. He did check the weather here before he checked his bags. When he found out it was sunny, but frosty, he shrugged. "All these years I spent in Edmonton, I never could figure out what they meant when they said, 'You know it's cold, but, hey, it's a dry cold,' '' said Reasoner.

Reasoner's sense of humour, not to mention his work in the faceoff circle and killing penalties, left a hole the Oilers haven't been able to fill this season.

Reasoner and Matt Greene were the dry wits in the dressing room.

"Geez, I'd rather they miss me as a player on the ice, rather than off it," he said.


Sigh.

Maybe I do wish he'd been traded to the Canucks?

Comments

Anonymous said…
it just looks wrong to see someone else's name with Marty's Oilers number.
Black Dog said…
Good stuff.

Popular Posts